Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) as an active member of the International Movement of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the sole country-wide humanitarian organization that neutrally, impartially and independently provides relief items and renders health care services to disasters-affected population throughout Afghanistan without any discrimination based on ethnic, religion, political affiliation ….
This year, ARCS Special Week slogan is “Afghan Red Crescent Society for All” that ARCS authorities, high ranking government authorities, university professors, religious leaders and communities’ elders were the participants of the Special Week inauguration ceremonies throughout provinces.
Accordingly, ARCS leadership has traveled to Kandahar province to inaugurate the ARCS Special Week inauguration ceremony and distribute relief items among Hilmand internal displaced families.
Consequently, the following decisions have been approved after discussions have taken place in ceremonies throughout provinces of Afghanistan:
• Appreciating retired employees.
• Recommencement of North-Eastern Regional Zone Office and Kondoz branch.
• Initiating selling 400,000 donation tickets throughout all provinces.
• Modalities of supports by provincial governments in provinces.
• Running dissemination campaign throughout Kabul by volunteers.
• Providing communication tools for all dissemination officers in branches and regional zone offices….
At the end, it is considerable to mention that ARCS utilizes the collected donations to respond the need of man-mad and natural disasters-affected people; provides medical treatments for children with congenital heart deficit; renders health care services to beneficiaries by fixed and mobile clinics; supports destitute families in Kabul, Nangarhar, Kandahar, Balkh, and Herat Marastoons (Social Welfare Centers).